Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Gluten free vegan pumpkin spice breakfast muffins! Secret ingredients are the protein powder and powdered peanut butter for extra protein.
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 6 tbsp water (to replace the egg)
1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup hemp protein powder
1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup milk subsitute (coconut, almond, etc.)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup maple syrup (or more if you want it sweeter)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare flax egg by mixing the water and flaxseeds and set aside to thicken.
3. Combine flour, protein powder, powdered peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Combine flax egg, oil, milk substitute, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin puree in another bowl.
5. Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture.
6. Use avocado oil to grease the muffin tin.
7. Divide batter in muffin cups.
8 .Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.